Sunday, April 17, 2011

GASTON DEBLAIZE MINIATURE DEMARCATION MARKER RARE LOOK

Here is some info on item I have found in a pdf document & translated from french I will also include a scan of 1 of the pages & a website you can use to translate. I don't believe there have been any of these examples found so who knows how much this could be worth. I just know I lost my job of 11 years 2yrs ago & am under financial duress now (actually have been) & I am trying to keep a positive outlook & my sense of humor, But my hot water froze yesterday, My bathroom floor remains unfinished & cold air is coming in & hot air going out which is why I type & don't talk!!! LOL Bills & shut offs are piling up & I want to go back to school at 41 so I need to get out from under all this & relieve some stress. It needs to be out of my hands & in a safe place cause my luck is just not that great right now. It needs to be in a museum or in the hands of someone that can protect it better. Yes the money will do me some good also but I have always tried to do for others & now I feel rather helpless to help myself. I figure if I can get back on my feet myself ( I hate asking for help I want to do it myself) then I will be better off to try to help others again. If someone wants to buy this the money will be spent in some really useful ways. If you would like to come pick it up ensuring its safety that is fine as you will see i am not embellishing my stories of need. (you can check out my bathroom floor & overall condition of house LOL) Well I guess thats it thanks for listening to my rant. I know 50000 will only get so much schooling, But my main concern is to get house fixed,Pay bills for a while until I can get on my feet & help out with grandson & have a little money so if anything else breaks I can get it fixed. Wheres the fun in being rich? After you've been everywhere & done everything whats left to look forward to doing? You would'nt even know who your real friends were.The dimensions of this are approx 5 1/2 in tall 2 1/4 wide. It is made of a red clay material. The soil that was in it is no longer in it.  Also if you have your own business I can throw in free advertising on the side of my orange hearse. Okay I know your thinking this chick is wierd But I thought it would be a fun business idea (after working retail management for 11 yrs you need some fun) Thought we could deliver cakes & do singing telegrams, Divorce parties Etc. & advertise on side & back of it. But you guessed it business is dead. So much for that idea. Oh yeah money will also be spent on 10 month old baby grandson (mom & dad live here too) he gonna get a new crib & a head start on college fund. (hope he goes). To all of you that have read this Thanks if nothing else hope you enjoyed & laughed for a minute. Link to google search for Gaston Deblaize (Be ready to use translator link at very bottom of this description)

  http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=gaston+deblaize&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Translated from French

Been born in Houssière (Vosges), Gaston Deblaize
sculptor and ceramicist is. It fought in
Bois-le-Prêtre, near Pont-à-Mousson there
1915. .
In 1927, in pélerinage in Verdun, this ancient
French soldier in World War I launches into mission to pay tribute
to the soldiers died in the course of the Big
war. It takes a sample piously of samples
from earth hurt on twelve battlefields
and created by the monumental demarcations. The first one
of them am established in Arlington
(Washington) in 1927, the second in Vault of the Private to the Invalids in Paris in 1929. Three other monuments are thereafter high: on the reef of Guernic to broad of the peninsula of Quiberon in 1931, another with Five-March-the-Pile close to Turns and one fifth at the top of the Beacon of Vignola, close to Ajaccio. In 1932, Gaston Deblaize delivers his showpiece to Meures, his village of Haute-Marne. It is there that is born a ceremonial transmitted from generation to generation. With the feet of this terminal, in a solid mass containing the ground coming from twelve sectors of the face (Aisne, Alsace, Argonne, Artois, Champagne, Flanders, Lorraine, the Marne, Somme, Verdun, Belgium, Yser), Gaston Deblaize and his friends sow some corn grains in November Constituted of harvested ears 1st Sunday of July of the following year, a sheaf is deposited on the other monuments. With died of the sculptor in 1935, his widow continues her work by creating a seventh terminal with Drink to it Prêtre, on the tops of Pont-à-Mousson. It is the only monument set up on a battle field. The tradition is always respected each year, thus perpetuating a gesture of Peace. Small Earth terminals crowned In 1927 earth terminals are proposed cooked with the memory of Died of Large War, of mutilated and the combatants. Drawn by Gaston Deblaize, the terminal is produced in the Jumel workshops of Braquis. Its base carries the following inscription, more or less readable: “Lorraine potters Tin close Verdun France”. The sale is carried out with the profit of the Association of the “Broken Mouths”.
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_txt

Shipping is free!!!!  Any questions feel free to ask I'll do my best to answer quickly.


View the original article here