Saturday, July 30, 2011

ORIGINAL WWII US ARMY WWII - POST WAR OD7 CANTEEN COVER

ABOUT HANDLING CHARGES: I still hate handling charges and view them as a loop hole for some unreputable sellers to increase their profits.  I won't use handling charges unless a buyer requests insurance or delivery confirmation.  Remember!  The Post Office DOES NOT have true tracking!!!!!  Delivery confirmation is the only service they offer with Parcel Post and Priority and all that does is show you when it was delivered, it does NOT track nor does tell you if the package was actually delivered to the right address.  The Post Office will swear up and down they offer tracking but experience shows otherwise.  If you want true tracking you have to mail out United Parcel Service which costs more, but has tracking AND insurance (up to $100.00) included in the shipping costs. 

ABOUT POSTAGE RATES.  I do refund any excess postage the eBay shipping calculator charges if and when it happens and it does.  If postage comes out to more, I eat that cost so I try to be careful about postage.  I never deliberately try to increase profit by boosting postage.  That has been suggested by a couple of people.  You know what?  Just because you had something shipped from somebody that came from someplace else cheaper doesn't mean it's that cost for all 50 states.  And size of the box determines excess postage sometimes.  When anything gets over 12 inches in width, length or depth some postage goes sky high.  That's why I OFFER OPTIONS, because some postage will be much cheaper.  I had one brainiack tell me something was outrageous and yes, the Priority shipping was very high, but if Dr. Spock there had bothered to look at the optional shipping he would have seen it could have been shipped three times cheaper via Parcel Post.  Sometimes when this happens and I notice it I try to bring that to the attention of the buyer and will refund if they made a mistake after payment.  You would be surprised to know how many people just accept Priority shipping without even thinking or looking at the optional shipping rates.

NO I WILL NOT GIVE A DAMAGE REFUND OR DISCOUNT if it's damaged in transit.  You DO have a SEVEN DAY RIGHT OF INSPECTION and return it (at buyer's cost) for a full refund of the auction bid amount.  I have had more than one person tell me they wanted some money back for damage they wouldn't prove.  Basically they wanted to get a kick back for what they bought.  It's doesn't mean I won't work with somebody if it's a reasonable request, but sometimes people just have to have a little something extra after all is said and done.  I try to pack things as best I can, and if I feel I was amiss on that I will gladly work with somebody.  Sometimes I forget people value boxes and packaging and I can feel their pain so if I feel I didn't package something good enough I am more than happy to work with someone.  Most of the time I am very careful although I do try to use whatever boxes I can find instead of buying them to keep from charging a handling fee. 

NO INTERNATIONAL SALES OR APO ADDRESSES!   I'm sorry, but I've had to many problems shipping out of the United States and will not do so any longer, NO EXCEPTIONS.  The last person I shipped to at an APO address turned out to be in Japan and that cost me $160.00.  I am VERY sorry if your kid has a birthday and a rare uncurable disease (I really had a buyer tell me this), but I am not here to save the world, only sell an item and it may not be fair to you to exclude you from this sale or sell it out from under everyone else, but I don't think it's fair to change the rules of an auction and cut everyone else out.  However, if I am offered enough to retire and buy an offshore island I might consider ending this auction early and ignoring my morals.  I try to be honest and fair, please don't ask me to do otherwise. 

PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED WITHIN 7 DAYS.  Or I will file a claim with eBay and relist item for sale.


View the original article here